PeopleCert Scrum Master I is aimed toward any professional who wishes to become an efficient member of a Scrum environment.
PeopleCert Scrum Master I
|PeopleCert Scrum Master I
Official e-book (Digital)
Scrum is an agile framework that helps teams work together to develop, deliver and manage complex software products. It increases team productivity by encouraging team players to learn through experiences, self-organise, and continuously improve output.
IT teams use Scrum to develop, deliver, and maintain complex software products. However, Scrum principles can be applied to all kinds of areas including research, sales, marketing, and customer support, amongst others.
How does Scrum work?
Scrum uses an evidence-based framework that maximises the team’s ability to respond to emerging requirements, deliver value quickly and adapt to new market conditions.
The goal of this approach is to understand and respond to customer needs in a timely manner and manage any other unpredictable challenge that may occur for which a sequential approach is not suitable.
With PeopleCert Scrum Master I, you will learn about:
- The definition and purpose of Scrum
- The three pillars of Scrum: inspection, adaptation, and transparency
- The five Scrum values: commitment, focus, openness, respect, and courage
- The characteristics of effective Scrum Masters, product owners, and development teams
- The purposes of different events, artifacts and rules in Scrum
- How multilevel planning can help your team develop long-term goals and create more realistic strategies to achieve them
- How to identify the attributes of the product backlog and understand how it can evolve as your product and environment changes
- The techniques for managing technical debt
- The purpose and steps involved in Scrum events such as product backlog grooming, sprint planning, execution, daily Scrum, review, and retrospective
Who is the PeopleCert Scrum Master I qualification for?
PeopleCert Scrum Master I qualification is aimed toward any professional who wishes to become an efficient member of a Scrum environment. It requires candidates to develop and demonstrate solid knowledge and understanding of Scrum terms, principles, tools, and practices, as well as demonstrate their ability to use tools efficiently and effectively. A more advanced level of skills and knowledge is covered in the next 2 levels of the PeopleCert Scrum qualification scheme (PeopleCert Scrum Master II and PeopleCert Scrum Product Owner).
Examples of typical job titles:
- Software Engineer
- Product Manager
- Team Leader
- Business Analyst