The world’s economies, environments, and societies are changing as a result of social reform, climate change, and rapid digitization. Organizations must be prepared to respond to these trends. Project leaders can help organizations transform their way of working by approaching systemic change with a more holistic and people-centered perspective.
The Organizational Transformation: Foundation eLearning course and micro-credential is another major step towards pioneering thought leadership in this field and making it accessible and valuable to project leaders.
The course explores the concepts and benefits of organizational transformation, as outlined in The Brightline Transformation Compass. Each module in the course provides a bright, interactive interface that allows users to navigate the comprehensive fundamentals of transformation.
The skills and information provided throughout the course can prepare users for the next steps of their transformation journey. It can also prepare them for the micro-credential that proves that they not only have the knowledge to support transformation today, but they also have the passion to someday lead one.
Estimated time to complete the course: 5 to 10 hours
The Foundation course will guide you to:
- Identify and describe key transformation concepts.
- Describe what drives transformation and why transformation competencies are critical to business success.
- Identify the concepts of transformation and compare them to your own business and personal culture.
- Identify transformation challenges and success factors that may impact an organization’s ability to design and implement transformation.
- Describe the best practices that implement transformation initiatives.
- Identify the role and responsibilities of project leaders in transformation initiatives.
Learning Objective: What do you need to transform an organization? Before we investigate the step-by-step method, we should first understand the five essential building blocks needed for a successful transformation and be able to describe the principal practices of each building block.
Earn a Micro-Credential
Upon completion of the course, you will be eligible to test your understanding to earn a micro-credential badge.
The exam will be 45 minutes long with 30 multiple-choice questions. You can earn 10 PDUs after completion of the exam.
Languages Available in Spanish, Portuguese
The course is divided into 9 modules:
1. Welcome to Organizational Transformation
Begin by learning about the course.
2. Change in Context
Explore the forces that drive change and transformation in an organization.
3. Scenario Part 1: Awsy Family Furniture Company (AFFCo) in Crisis
Learn about AFFCo’s legacy and the troubles it currently faces.
4. Transformation Fundamentals
Introduce yourself to transformation definitions and key concepts.
5. Transformation Building Blocks
Explore the five foundational building blocks of transformation.
6. Transformation Life Cycle
Discover how to use the five building blocks in the Three-Stage Methodology.
7. Project Leaders in Transformation
Consider how you can position yourself on transformation teams.
8. Scenario Part 2: Awsy Family Furniture Company (AFFCo) in Transformation
Make decisions and take steps to implement a bright future for AFFCo.
9. Continuing Your Journey
Discover the next steps in your transformation journey